Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:11:32 +0100
From:      jimf <jimf@ntlworld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   staroffice52 sofficerc file missing

Hi all,
In the six or so months I've been getting to know freebsd I have managed to,
Set up the operating system
Configure ppp, nfs, dns, samba, apache, ipfilter and cvsup.

It's been a steep learning curve which involved buying the freebsd handbook and
the complete freebsd (both are highly reccommended, I know the resources are
all available on the net, but I like to have the text to read!) but I am
thoroughly enjoying the experience.

I'm currently struggling to install staroffice52.

So far;
1)Have downloaded and copied,
  so-5_2-ga-bin-linux-en.bin and 109939-03.tar.Z to
  /usr/ports/distfiles/staroffice52.

2)su'd to root and done make install
  (informed about finishing a network install etc)

3)back to normal user and make install-user

  choose setup defaults, staroffice appears to install great but, including adding
  itself to the kde menu system........

on launching staroffice it complains that it cannot find,
the sofficerc file. This file _does_ exist in the directory
  /compat/linux/home/jimf/office52/user (linux fs) but nothing gets installed to
  /home/jimf (freebsd fs)

I have linux support enabled and
have linprocfs mounted.
  #mount -t linprocfs /proc /usr/compat/linux/proc

I have tried,

  % cd /compat/linux/home
  % tar -cf - soffice52 | ( cd ~jimf ; tar -xvf - )
  % mv soffice52 soffice52.back

to no avail, it seems the presence of the file makes no difference.

Decided to dissect the install log and came across the following,

cut----

 OK  copy  /compat/linux/usr/local/office52/share/kde/mimelnk/text/html.kdelnk, /home/jimf/.kde/share/mimelnk/text/html.kdelnk, 5/8/00, 5:20:00 AM, 644, FSysError = 0
 ERR make shortcut /compat/linux/usr/local/office52/program/setup to /home/jimf/office52/setup
 ERR make shortcut /compat/linux/usr/local/office52/program/soffice to /home/jimf/office52/soffice
 OK  set profile item: /home/jimf/office52/user/config/servicesrc, SsServers, URL_Pattern, /*?serverui*

cut---

Hmmm

Everything else is flagged OK except those two lines.
Instruction/direction appreciated.

jimf@ntlworld.com