Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 1995 15:21:21 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Second appeal for sup, CTM, mail and www servers. Please help!

[folks, folks, PLEASE PLEASE watch your headers!  This was sent to announce
also! :-( ]

> Stupid question:  Is this just a matter of "donated machine" or
> is it more than that (bandwidth) too?  Would another machine next
> door to freefall be a valid approach?  In particular, freely speaking
> for some of us (:-), I'd say many of us would be willing to chip in,
> say, $20 to $100 (each!) towards a dedicated machine.  Would this
> approach work to give freefall a buddy?

Well, I certainly wouldn't turn down the idea of another freefall (we
don't need a buddy for it so much as we need *another one* sited
someplace else) but I think right now it's network connectivity that
counts for more than anything else.  We need "exploders" for just
about every service that freefall provides.

					Jordan