Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 2015 06:42:15 +0300
From:      doroseracledes@gmail.com
To:        Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and two different networks

How about dhclient enter-hooks:

=E2=80=8Ehttp://www.macfreek.nl/memory/DHCP_Client_Script_Examples

"If you want to have more control, e.g. only set the default route for em0,=
 but not for other interface, add the following lines to /etc/dhclient-ente=
r-hooks:
# Do not set default route on any interface except em0
if [ "$interface" !=3D "em0" ]
then
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 unset new_routers
fi
"

There's also "supersede" in dhclient.conf to overwrite what dhcp provides a=
nd set to something you want (think overwrite) =E2=80=8E

Theodoros
Sent=C2=A0from=C2=A0a=C2=A0smartphone
=C2=A0=C2=A0
> Dear All,
>
> I have a FreeBSD machine at work. It's mostly connected to the so-called
> "internal" network that has a static ip: let it be 172.16.1.113/12. The
> default gateway for that network is 172.16.1.1.
> Sometimes, I need to connect this machine to another network that uses DH=
CP.
> Its network mask differs: it's 192.168.1.0/24. The second network uses DH=
CP.

> The question is: can I set both of the default gateways (skip DHCP: I can
> configure the interface for the "external" network manually) in some way?=
 Can