Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 19:04:09 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Booting FreeBSD and W2k

At 2:47 PM -0700 8/7/00, John Baldwin wrote:
>The latest version of boot0 should boot past the 1024
>cylinder fine if your BIOS isn't older than 1996 or
>thereabouts.  Note that the one included with 4.1 has a
>bug that may cause it to hang on some systems, though. :(

Does the newest boot0 understand booting NTFS (Win2k)
partitions, and extended partitions (linux)?  That's the
main reason I went with PowerBoot, and stick with it.
It seems that all the free boot-manager options have had
trouble with one or more of the systems I am trying to
boot up.

(admittedly I haven't tried boot0 on release 4.1 or
afterwards.  My most recent attempt with it was a
few months ago, and I ended up going back to using
PowerBoot)

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute