Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:05:39 -0500
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        "stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: kernel oplocks

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 11:59:34PM +0100, ian j hart wrote:
> Samba now comes configured with kernel oplocks enabled by
> default, implying this is part of the kernel. Can someone
> confirm the status of this. ie is it established, or is it
> a new feature. I wouldn't mind knowing where the source is.
> A quick search revealed nothing.

I do not believe our kernel supports this in version 4.4 of FreeBSD,
but you said you had problems even when you turned this off.  The
oplocks setting of "ON" should simply not work if you actually don't
have oplocks support.  Sounds like a bug in samba, what version are
you using?

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr@inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>