Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:27:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wolfgang Hottgenroth <woho@hottis.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnucash crashes on 5.1-RELEASE

Hi,

I'm using gnucash 1.8.4 on 5.1-RELEASE. Entering, viewing and editing
accounts and transactions works fine so far, but as soon I click for
help in an account view or select Reports, Income&Expense, Cashflow,
it crashes with the following last words:

wn@matutin:~$ gnucash
Fatal error 'Unable to read from thread kernel pipe' at line 1100 in file /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kern.c (errno = 0)
Abort trap (core dumped)
wn@matutin:~$

I've used 5.0 until yesterday and saw on 5.0 an error when trying to
install the java/jdk14 port telling me to update the libc_r. After
upgrading to 5.1 I was able to install jdk14. Since the both error
messages concerns both about libc_r and I also read about fixes in the
libc_r in UPDATING of 5.1 concerning gnome applications I was in the
hope the also the crashes of gnucash would disappear, but they remain.

Is there anyone who has a hint for me how to fix this problem? Is it
required to build gnucash or one of its dependencies again on 5.1?

Thanks,
Wolfgang