Date:      Sun, 31 Aug 2014 14:24:30 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg/xfce4 failing on Dual Processor G4 PowerMac's BUT Single Processor G4 PowerMac works (same boot SSD)...

I tried adding a DVI-D monitor in addition to the ADC monitor on a =
Radeon Dual-G4 PowerMac context (so a context with Option-Fn black =
screen problem) and here is what happened:

A) The DVI-D monitor ends up with the Copyright and other boot notices.

B) startxfce4 still has the display update hang. (The "original =
problem".)

C) Option-Fn still has both screens go black. Interestingly the DVI-D =
monitor puts up a notice for a bit that its DVI-D inputs are "out of =
range". But that notice goes away.

D) Typing is still being taken and so "reboot" worked.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
markmi@dsl-only.net