Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:38:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Marius Strom <marius@alpha1.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: root access problem please help.

True, however, even with libraries and dynamic binaries on the same FS,
it's trouble.  I had a linux system (yes, yes..) that a co-admin was
trying to RPM upgrade the libc (yes, another bad move, but it wasn't me!
=]) and broke it.  Voila, statically linked sh worked, but I couldn't cp,
mv, ch(mod|own). sash(1) is your friend.

--
Marius Strom <marius@alpha1.net>
Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice...
...In practice, there is a big difference.