Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:34:54 +1000
From:      Viviani Paz <viviani@auscert.org.au>
To:        FREEBSD-HARDWARE@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        viviani@auscert.org.au
Subject:   Problem with 21140 chip under FreeBSD 2.2.5

Hi,

My apologies if this question has been asked before.

I have been trying to use Accton Ethernet cards with FreeBSD 2.2.5 (dec
21140-AF chip) without much success.  I could get the kernel to detect and
configure the card correctly and ifconfig also configures the card with no
errors, however the card does not talk to the network at all.   It does not
see any incoming/outgoing packets.

I've double checked the cables and they are working fine.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?  Is there a patch for this?

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
        Viviani