Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2004 23:55:04 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        DS@praxisvermittlung24.de
Cc:        heas@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun docs needed

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 07:47:15AM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
> DS wrote:
> > Hi at all,
> >
> > at EuroBSDCon I volunteered to try and
> > get some documents needed that are missing.
> > Please let me know all needs in detail, I will try
> > to get as much as I can.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Daniel Seuffert
> >

> The 'Host to PCI Bridge' spec for the UltraSparc 3 is the highest
> priority at the moment.

I.e. for the Schizo UPA-to-PCI bridge and the Tomatillo JBus-to-PCI
bridge. Documentation on the JBus itself is also sparse.
Don't know if it helps to persuade them to hand out documentation but
you could mention that FreeBSD actually boots on USIII hardware up to
the point where this documentation is now required:
http://people.freebsd.org/~jake/dmesg.v480

Other documentation/datasheets nice to have:
- Cassini and Saturn Gigabit Ethernet controllers
- SUNW,lom, SUNW,lomh, SUNW,lomv, etc. devices
- pmu device
- Firehose devices (ac, clock-board, environment, sram, ...)

Documentation nice to have but we can probably live without it:
- SUNW,bbc-i2c, SUNW,envctrl, SUNW,envctrtwo, SUNW,rasctrl, etc.,
  especially about how to control the fans
- acpi-power device

Thanks for your efforts!