Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 14:46:14 -0700
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kg@dccnet.com>
To:        Jeff Gibbons <jgibbons@protogate.com>
Cc:        Gary Roberts <garyr@wcs.uq.edu.au>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rpm and WordPerfect Office 2000

Jeff Gibbons wrote:

> You might consider trying it out; even if you can't wean your
> secretary off W98, you'd at least be able to read her output on
> your FreeBSD machine!

I have waited to reply after some testing.

I have been searching for ways to make Star Office work more productively under
FreeBSD.  Recently I have found that under the window manager "ude", which is
available in the ports collection, allows it the headroom that it requires.

Be advise the uwm is only in beta!

I am looking forward to acquiring Applixware in the future though, as reports
seem to indicate it is the true solution.

--
 Kevin G. Eliuk                             ))    ))  ))        ))    ))