Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 01:45:31 -0500
From:      Shawn Leas <sleas@ixion.honeywell.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot get egcs 1.1.1 port to build me a shared libstdc++!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why is this not the default??? I'm running 3.1R.

MICO 2.2.6 can't build shared libs, or, at least
it's configure script thinks it cant. I think it's
because egcs has only old libstdc++.so.2 to try to
link with in /usr/lib.  The g++ I'm using is the
egcs-1.1.1 package intended for 3.1R.  I even
modified the port to do --enable-shared and rebuilt,
but no libstdc++.so.2.9.0 to be seen anywhere.

Don't suppose anyone can shed some light on this,
or maybe

-- Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
   Day 2275 for the poor and the middle class.
   Day 2294 for the rich and the dead.
   647 days remaining in the Raw Deal.