From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some questions ...

HI Again,
Daniel Lang wrote on Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 12:48:21PM +0100:
[..]
> One problem, that occurred ist the
> "i4b-L1-isic_isac_irq: unit 0: Receive abort error"-like
> Problem, which seems related to the one reported on a 2.2.X
> Box.
> It happened in that moment, I tried to take the interface
> down (ifconfig isp1 down).
> (More detailed error messages and config files will follow)
> This did not happen before, so I guess its more a problem
> of the newer version of i4b instead of the old 2.2.* kernel.
Well, today, unfortunately (or fortunately) the problem could
not be reproduced, so I guess its nothing severe, and if
it happens occasionally I can live with that :-}
(If still somebody wants some config-files please tell me).

[..]
> And second, is there any documentation or tutorial around, how
> to use the answering machine, i.e. how to record messages
> and not just play, and how to create appropriate message
> files. The example worked fine, but it doesn't seem to be
> able to record a message, and I did not find a hint, how
I admit, it was kinda late yesterday, and indeed there is
a 'record' answer-script as well, which seemed to work.

But still I lack a hint how to convert the recorded messages
into something that could be played through my audio device.
I guess I could listen to the message by creating a tell-script
entry in isdnd.rc and modifying some of the scripts to tell me
recorded messages (And to create messages that way), if I call
myself, but I guess thats not what I (and other people) want.

Regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock           - Burn them to ashes, then burn the ashes. -
RL: Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 8540017 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/