Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:58:19 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        dan@langille.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stallman now claims authorship of Linux

Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com> types:
> > Yup. Their lack of vision is going to drive them bankrupt.
> How would a "visionary company" fund R&D, IYHO?

Depends on the software they're trying to produce. I've already
described a number of different business models for recovering R&D
costs, including selling services and improving staff efficiency.

Focusing on one particular business model - whether it's
productization or improved efficiency - leads to idiotic claims like
"The GPL will reduce programmers to penury."

	<mike