Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:16:49 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com>
Subject:   Re: /bin/ls sorting bug?

Guys,

Hate to be the party-pooper, but this thread is starting to smell a bit odd.
The smell reminds me of something... when I was a kid at school... during
the break.... ahh, that's it. This thing smells like a bikeshed. :-)

For what it's worth the original patch looked good to me. The nanosecond
patch is fine too. Please, no more intimate discussion of a command line
flag that few people use, and if it doesn't work correctly now could have
been worked around with a pipe to sort.

I'm guessing the messed up order was because the files that were out of
kilter were the files being hard-linked to but don't have the time to check.
So in some ways, the output was predictable. Either way, I say commit or let
it die... no... more... ls... :-)

--
Paul Robinson
http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/