Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 02:43:38 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Francisco Reyes <freyes@inch.com>
Cc:        Advocacy List <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Advocacy on FreeBSD-questions

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999, Francisco Reyes wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 22:46:28 +0000 (GMT), Jason C. Wells wrote:
>
>>FreeBSD-bies should conduct themselves as though they are in a customer
>>service organization.
>
>The newer a user the more clueles he/she will be and the most patience
>one should have with them. Unfortunately what I see is that the
>clueless the user the more rude people are to them.

Yes. These are all valid points. There are two types of clueless people.
The lazy and those who tried but dont get it.

I will tell you that _BOTH_ of these types present a great opportunity for
FreeBSD. Even the one who is lazy should still be treated respectfully if
he is to be treated at all. That person will come to know our way. (if not
he will be shunned eventually, we cant please all the people all the time)

We on -questions should lead from the vantage of those in front of the
pack and not from the vantage of those in the back of the pack. This will
show those up and comers where they want to go rather than where they
already are.

Thank You, 	| http://students.washington.edu/jcwells
Jason Wells	| "Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither