Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:44:49 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        vladimirtt@gmail.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD port

Hello,

> Hello FreeBSD Ports Management Team,
>
> recently i have ported a Linux application to FreeBSD for my personal
> needs. I think it could be of benefit of other FreeBSD users to have the
> application under the ports tree.
>
> What is the usual procedure to create a new FreeBSD port ?

It's described in full in the Porters Handbook at

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html

There's a short intro called "Quick Porting" in section 3 of that handbook:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html#quick-porting

I'd suggest you have a look at that section, give it a first cut
and ask additional questions in the list.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         4 years to go !