Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:34:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        brett@peloton.runet.edu
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup

In article <Pine.BSF.4.10.9908191750020.3236-100000@peloton.runet.edu>,
Brett Taylor  <brett@peloton.runet.edu> wrote:

> Ugh - do not try to build CVSup from ports directly - use the binary
> package (the modula-3 build takes forever).  You can run the 2.2.8 version
> of cvsup-bin - go to:
>
> 	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.8-RELEASE/packages/net/
>
> and grab cvsup-bin, then do a pkg_add on it.

Actually, the binary is still an a.out binary, so he should be able to
run the latest version under 2.2.x.  I'd rather that people run CVSup
16.0 than the older versions, because of various bugfixes.

Even if one can't use the port for whatever reason, one can still go
to <ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/CVSup/binaries/>; and
get a binary for the current release.

John
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron