Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 1996 13:45:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: Mass install of FreeBSD?

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, David Kelly wrote:

> >My boss wants to install FreeBSD on a dozen systems at work.  Is there
> >some way we can do the install on just one machine, then make duplicates
> >of that drive on all the other systems?  What would be the best way of
> >accomplishing this?
>
> "dump" and "restore" come to mind. But so does the entry at the bottom of
> one of the install menus that says, "Load configuration floppy" or some
> such. Just how might one create this configuration floppy? It hints at the
> ability to save an installation's parameters for future reuse. Then it
> would be real easy to go around to multiple machines and get them started
> installing from a local NFS system.

I've been looking around, trying to find out what the deal is with this
"configuration floppy".  What it's good for, how it's made, how it's used.
No luck.  I couldn't find anything in the FAQ, the handbook, or Lehey's
new book.  Anybody out there have any info on this?  Jordan?  Terry?
Nate?  Anyone?

Dave

David Walton                                     Unix Programmer
PSI INTERNATIONAL, Inc.                          email: dwalton@psiint.com
190 South Orchard #C200                          Fax  :(707)451-6484
Vacaville, CA 95688                              Phone:(707)451-3503