Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 16:55:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Roy <eollaroy@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Inquiry

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Roy wrote:

> Hi My name is Roy,

Hi Roy.  It helps to use punctuation, such as periods.  It makes your
writing much easier to read.

>   I started freebsd quite recently and i havent yet finished reading the
> Book that comes with the CD  but i installed Ftp and apache in one
> server but when i finished both, ftp could not function i tried
> configuring  the httpd.conf  i specified the bindaddress to our IP
> address but when i and commented out others coz it says "invalid load
> command " /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf and some line it says invalid
> syntax error either one could function but not both.. what is wrong did
> i miss any  configuration files??

You must have mistyped something.  Usually, programs will report what line
number they encountered problems on.  Go to the line indicated in their
configuration file and figure out what you did wrong.

> and /etc/rc.conf .  I could appreciate it if u could lend me a hand
> thanks

`man rc.conf'

Doug White