Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 95 17:19:58 EST
From:      Jonathan_Miller_at_PO.CHI03@smtplink.infores.com
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   BT-410A EIDE multi-boot solution?

     In the January, 1995, UNIX Review, David Baily, mentions the Bus Logic
     BT-410A IDE caching controller as a multi-booting solution.  The
     controller is supposed to let you boot from any one of up to 4
     attached drives.  Has anyone used one of these with FreeBSD?  If so,
     how do you like it?

     I want to load FreeBSD, Windows NT workstation, and Windows 95 (each
     on a separate drive) on my system.  Do you think one of these
     controllers would be a worth while investment (I will need to upgrade
     my IDE controller to EIDE to accomodate for the third drive that I
     will be purchasing anyway)?

     Does anyone know of any similar controllers with the multi-boot
     facility but with out the cache (a less expensive alternative).

     Also, will I still be able to mount any MS-DOS FAT partitions from
     FreeBSD if I do this?

     Any comments or suggestions be greatly appreciated.  Please respond to me
     directly, as I am not subscribed to this mailing list.

     Thanks, Jon

     --
     jonathan.miller@infores.com