Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:10:18 +0100
From:      "M. Hueck" <freebsd@mhueck.demon.nl>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell Inspiron 8200

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop running FreeBSD 5.3 and I have one thing
that I'd like to get working: Turning off the LCD including backlight.

I noticed a post earlier today for a 8600 that had acpi_video_load="YES" in
/boot/loader.conf. I added this and rebooted. Then when I type

sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active=0

The LCD turns off for about a second, then comes back on. I'd like a small
script or something like that that turns off the lcd and leaves it off until
I hit a (specific?) key.

Thanks,

M. Hueck