Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:52:42 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: majordomo freebsd port (permission denied error with sendmail)

Quoting Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>:

> well I could have suggested you qmail+mysql with vpopmail
> I set it up at a free mail service that we gave for example.
> it is cool also take a look, it says it can handle up to 23 million
> virtual domains and 23 million users in each domain
> http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/
Evren,

Thanks for the suggestion and the link and I was considering it but when
I saw the new courier port I decided to test it and before I knew it esmtp,
pop3 and imap were working with ldap and with no unix users.  I'm a bit
lazy to start the above now that I've already got courier doing basically
what I want/need.  The port is a good upgrade path also.

Thanks,

ed

> Evren
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Edwin Culp wrote:
>
> > Quoting Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>:
> >
> > > I think the correct solition is to put mailnull user into majordom
> > > group in /etc/group
> > >
> > > Well my majordomo just started working when I put mailnull into majordom
> > > group. I didnt need to touch anything about /usr/libexec/sm.bin
> > I changed ownership on all of majordomo but this may have been an overkill
> :-)
> > >
> > > By the way I only made simple commands lists etc. work so I dont know
> how
> > > much functionality I have yet.
> > >
> > > Even though sendmail man pages for smrsh suggests that the commands
> should
> > > be put into /usr/libexec/sm.bin somehow my solution is also working
> > > perhaps because I have the full path after | in aliases?
> >
> > I just linked it in because I was trying to fix everything in sight.  I
> > really don't know if it is necessary but it can't hurt and you never know
> > with sendmail when it will be needed if it isn't now.
> >
> > The above and the super port of /usr/ports/mail/courier 37.2 by Yarema
> > <yds@CoolRat.org>, that just works out of the box, has convenced me
> > to switch to courier and openldap.  After many years of Sendmail, I'm
> > tired of it, uw-imap, pam, and no more mail or ftp users in etc/passwd.
> >
> > ed
> > >
> > > Evren

> tested
> > > because