Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 19:15:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        Brian Handy <handy@condor.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: httpd can't start

On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Brian Handy wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, -Vince- wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, John Hay wrote:
> >
> > 	Speaking about setting up httpd, how do you set it up exactly?
> > Does anyone have any sample config files?
> >

> If you go poking through the files that get installed on your system with
> this, you'll see a directory of config files.  The 'all.conf' file (the
> first one I looked at, I think in /usr/local/www/config) has an html
> address on configuring CERN httpd to run on your system.  The html looks
> pretty complete.  I think even I'll be able to get it running.
>
> But don't hold your breath.

	Thanks but like for example if I wanted /usr/home/www as the
home dir for the home directory for http and then like wananted like
/usr/home/vince/html for like where the homepage for user vince is, how
would I define this so that http://sitename goes to the main page while
http://sitename/~vince goes to /usr/home/vince/html/index.html?  Also,
what directory does the all.conf go in and like how do I start
httpd exactly?  Thanks!

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!
Chabot Observatory & Science Center