Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:41:17 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: axp kernel breakage

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:54:01 PST, Julian Elischer wrote:

> huh? can you expand on this...

Um, sure.

When my kernel build broke, I tried removing the option NFS_NOSERVER.
This allowed me to build a kernel. After the problem in nfs_syscalls.c
was repaired today (maybe last night), I put the option NFS_NOSERVER
back into my kernel config and rebuilt the kernel.

I now have two files that make me think that including NFS_NOSERVER
dropped my kernel file size by 100KB:

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1385750 Feb 18 15:40 /kernel
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1494920 Feb 17 11:57 /kernel.old

The box in question is used _only_ as an NFS client and the kind of
environmental change that would demand NFS server capabilities would
merit a reboot.

Ciao,
Sheldon.