Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:29:17 +0200
From:      "Peter J. Blok" <Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   multiple gateways

Hi,

I know this topic has been brought up numerous times. I have 4 IP4 internal
networks (sf0 .. sf3)

I have a cable modem connection ep0  and a DSL ep1 connection too. I'd like to
route all traffic from sf0 and sf1 to the DSL connection and the others to
the cable modem. At the same time I'd like to offer the protection of
ipfilter. Traffic on sf0 should not see traffic on sf1 etc.

Since this seems not possible with the both stable and current, I would like
to make a solution for it, inside the kernel. I am thinking of creating a
routing table based on source address and designate the right gateway.

Thoughts and opinions are very welcome. Where do you suggest I start?

Peter

P.S. If this functionality exists (without bridging) I'd like to know as well