Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:41:38 -0500
From:      WMC <wc_fbsd@xxiii.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Music on Hold via FreeBSD Server

Greetings,

I have an existing FreeBSD 5.x server I'm trying to use to feed music or
announcements on-hold into our phone system (yeah - I know the legalities
of using copyrighted stuff.)

I installed a sound card, wired it up, and hacked together a simple little
script to run the mpg123 package to continuously playback a few mp3 files.

Couple questions:
* What command-line program would you suggest for playing uncompressed
audio files in this scenario?  There are hundreds of entries in Ports,  and
I'd rather not spend a month trying them all.

* Has anyone else done something similar to this, and would you care to
share a script to keep it running continuously?

-Thanks,
      Wayne