Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 1995 09:20:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      Timothy Brown <tb@MO.NET>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Filesystems corrupted - what's up with this?

System:	Dell P75 DimensionXPS, EIDE, 1GB HD
	~350M Dedicated to FreeBSD
	8MB RAM
	FreeBSD v2.1.0

Okay... just installed FreeBSD the other day and I like it a lot.  This
morning and last night i've had to deal with massive filesystem
corruption.  A lotof files are getting screwed up and i'm not sure what
to do.

The thing that alerts me to the files is "bad arguments" or similar
things.  I then run an fsck and I get all sorts of errors - none in
particular but the whole conglomerate of them.  Yesterday it was my /etc/
directory, now its my /bin directory.  I've tried djust about everything
I know how to do with this problem.

I really would prefer not to go back to Linux, folks.  If anybody has any
idea what's going on (by the way, i'm running a custom kernel) or needs
an account on the system or whatever and can help me out with this, i'd
appreciate it.  Thanks!

Tim

--
Timothy Brown <tb@mo.net>			          netSolutions, L.L.C.
PGP Key Available; Encrypted Email Preferred	       2733 McClay Valley Blvd