Date:      Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:07:51 -0600
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        "Mikhail T." <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, java@FreeBSD.org, glewis@FreeBSD.org, phantom@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: should not jint be as wide as void* ?

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 11:20:27PM -0600, Greg Lewis wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 01:05:41AM -0400, Mikhail T. wrote:
> > Looking deep into Mozilla's LiveConnect sources (under
> > mozilla/sun-java/stubs/include/) I gather, jint really
> > wants to be intptr_t -- not a mere int as, for example,
> > jdk1.5.0/include/freebsd/jni_md.h makes it out to be.
> >
> > Can anyone comment? Thanks!
>
> I'm doing a build of the current CVS on FreeBSD 5.4/amd64 at the moment.
> It hasn't gotten to the plugin build yet, but I'll be interested to see
> (a) if there are warnings about pointer widths and (b) if it works :).

Following up my own e-mail...

As it turns out, the plugin and javaws build is specifically disabled on
non-32 bit architectures at the moment.  Probably mostly to do with the
issues we've talked about.  I played around a bit and got it to build, but
there are numerous warnings about casting between pointers and integers
of different sizes.  Not surprisingly the resultant plugin blows up when
you try and use it.

I think this is going to take a bit of work to get sorted out.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org