Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:30:39 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        "D. Rock" <rock@wurzelausix.CS.Uni-SB.DE>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: locale errors

On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 07:38:12AM +0100, J Wunsch wrote:
> Well, not completely. :)  For testing, i've restored the file from
> before my change, and it missorts similarly.  I'm probably too stupid
> to understand all of this collate stuff.  So far, i haven't been able
> to come up with any locale definition that does the right thing for
> every input.

I mean no particular commit but whole idea how to sort doubled letters -
it comes from you, I can't invent this. Collating scheme is very simple -
we have two sorting orders - primary and secondary (f.e. Posix have four
levels for Unicode). If two strings are the same by primary order, they
compare using secondary one. That's all. I will apreciate your any
decision regarding to DE locale, fixing, backing out etc. since I even
can't display characters you use in your example, nor have strong desire
to dig in DE language area starting from zero background.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
ache@null.net