Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:25:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@Dataplex.Net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using CTM and the 2.2.5 CD's

I am pleased to announce that the checkpoints taken in the CTM streams
back in late October have now been confirmed to work with the 2.2.5
CD's. If you are interested in maintaining an up-to-date copy of the
cvs tree or any of the source trees, I strongly recommend that you
obtain this Release CD set to use as a starting point.

The following script will allow you to extract the cvs tree from
the CD and bring it up to date with the CTM deltas. You can then
continue to update with additional deltas as they are generated.

I will soon be publishing similar scripts for the ports tree and
the src trees for 2.1, 2.2, and "current".

It is my intention to continue to generate similar checkpoints
every time that we generate a new CD set.

I hope that you will find this useful.

Richard Wackerbarth
ctm@FreeBSD.ORG

- - - -

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	CTM_STARTUP.sh
#
echo x - CTM_STARTUP.sh
sed 's/^X//' >CTM_STARTUP.sh << 'END-of-CTM_STARTUP.sh'
X#!/bin/sh
X# This script initializes your local cvs tree
X# from the 2.2.5 distribution CD
X# and brings it up to date with CTM deltas
X# Initialization
X# 1) Mount the #3 CD from the 2.2.5 release set
X#    For example: mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0c /mnt
X# 2) Define its location in the shell variable CD_2_2_5_3
X#    For example: CD_2_2_5_3=/mnt
X# 3) Create the directory for your master copy of the cvs tree
X#    For example: mkdir /pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-CVS
X# 4) Define its location in the shell variable CVSROOT
X#    For example: CVSROOT=/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-CVS
X# 5) Create a directory for the CTM updates
X#    For example: mkdir /pub/FreeBSD/CTM/cvs-cur
X# 6) Define its location in the shell variable CTMDIR
X#    For example: CTMDIR=/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/cvs-cur
X# 7) Populate the CTMDIR with deltas beginning with cvs-cur.3754.gz
X# 8) Execute this script
X#    For example: sh CTM_STARTUP.sh
Xcd ${CVSROOT}
X# The script will copy the tree from the CD.
Xcp -R -p ${CD_2_2_5_3}/CVS-Repository/* ${CVSROOT}
X# Clean up some files that should not be there
Xrm ${CVSROOT}/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc1plus/#cvs.rfl.whisker.cdrom.com.9903 \
X   ${CVSROOT}/src/share/man/man0/#cvs.rfl.whisker.cdrom.com.277 \
X   ${CVSROOT}/src/sys/netatalk/#cvs.cvsup-3725.67 \
X   ${CVSROOT}/src/usr.bin/sgmls/sgmls/#cvs.rfl.whisker.cdrom.com.684 \
X   ${CVSROOT}/src/usr.bin/tip/libacu/#cvs.rfl.whisker.cdrom.com.7854
X# And adds the .ctm_status file
Xecho "cvs-cur 3753" >.ctm_status
X# And applies the pending deltas
Xctm ${CTMDIR}/*