Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:28:24 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Charlie Clark <charlie@begeistert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   List charter (was: no subject)

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

On Monday, 17 March 2003 at 13:05:04 +0100, Charlie Clark wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have a Sony PCG-GR114EK notebook and I'm trying to get FreeBSD to work on
> it with varying degrees of success. I've tried 4.6, 4.7 and 5.0 and I'll
> give the errors in that order.

Sorry, this message is off topic on this mailing list.  As I posted
just a couple of days ago, the charter is:

FREEBSD-NEWBIES

    Newbies activities discussion

    We cover any of the activities of newbies that are not already
    dealt with elsewhere, including: independent learning and problem
    solving techniques, finding and using resources and asking for
    help elsewhere, how to use mailing lists and which lists to use,
    general chat, making mistakes, boasting, sharing ideas, stories,
    moral (but not technical) support, and taking an active part in
    the FreeBSD community. We take our problems and support questions
    to freebsd-questions, and use freebsd-newbies to meet others who
    are doing the same things that we do as newbies.

I know you've posted your message to FreeBSD-questions already, and
you didn't get any answers, and taking it to the wrong list has got
you answers.  But I don't see you getting any useful answers here.
If you can't get an answer after a repeat message to
FreeBSD-questions, send in a bug report.

Greg

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh--