Date:      Thu, 18 Aug 2011 05:46:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gerald Stoller <gsstoller@optonline.net>
To:        questions FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, mail25@bzerk.org
Subject:   Re: single user login

I tried 2 of the suggested solutions, first the one that said when I get
the "#"
prompt I should type in "boot -s" and the second that when I get to the
"ok"
prompt I should type in "boot -s".  With the first I got the response
"boot: permission denied", and with the second I go to the the regular
boot
sequence ending in "press enter to go to ..." and going to the regular
login
(although not getting there because a variable [I introduced] is used
but not
set).  I'm thinking of getting a boot floppy or CDROM (I'll look to see
if
I already have one) and getting in that way.  I remember creating a copy
of  ksh  that is owned by  root  for emergency stuff, I'll try to get to
it.
Where is  find ?  Is it in  /bin ?