Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:36:51 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@svzserv.kemerovo.su>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   more problems with 'make release'

Hi!

My FreeBSD 3.5 has XFree86 3.3.6 installed as distribution.
However, I've never run it here, it's installed only to minimize problems
with ports that sometimes require X for libs and don't have option to
build without X.

I've manually installed /usr/ports/print/ghostscript6-nox11 but
when I run 'make release' it wants to build /usr/ports/print/ghostscript6
which depends of X11.6, for some reason it says 'X11.6 - not found'
and tries to build XFree86 from ports! That's definitly what shouldn't
be done this way. If I allow it, it will install XFree86 from ports over
existing installation, I suppose?

It's very strange for me that it says 'gs - not found'
when it IS in /usr/local/bin. Perhaps, it is running in chrooted
environment? If so, I won't worry about X but - installation of X from
ports is interactive. Is it supposed behavour?

Eugene Grosbein