Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:42:25 +0100
From:      Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Importing AFS / Arla in kernel

Hi all,

recently I've been working (on and off) with AFS, and in particular trying to
keep Arla working through all the changes (KSE etc), together with assar@.
Of course things would be much easier if the xfs module, which is at the base
of Arla, could be committed in the base kernel; this way, while I'd be more
than glad to act as maintainer for it and in general handling major stuff,
everybody would be able to help keep it in good shape.

Does this need a vote or something? If there are no strong nay-sayers, I will
file a PR with everything. The sources would be imported in contrib, I already
have all the module glue etc. I'm not asking for commit access, assar would
handle commits for me; having access to both repositories, we would make sure
changes will go to Arla before, so sources will always be on vendor branch.

I should probably mention again: this is not all of AFS, only the basic kernel
support. The rest will stay in ports, this just means better support and easier
updates.

So, do you want it or not?

Bye,
	Andrea

--
              To boldly go where I surely don't belong.