Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:52:54 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Tadimeti=20Keshav?= <keshav_tadimeti@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't start up DBCA

Hi all,
I installed Oracle 9i on FreBSD 5.2.1 , using SUN JDK
1.4, and linux devtools-7, and following instructions
at www.shadowcom.net.

I managed to install the DB successfully. I have not
installed a DB yet.
WHen I try to start dcba from the oracle account, I
get the foll. error:
oracle-bsd> dbca &
[1] 806
oracle-bsd> dirname: illegal option -- p
usage: dirname path
arch: not found
jre was not found in /../bin//green_threads/jre

[1]+  Exit 1                  dbca
oracle-bsd>
WHat should I check/what couldbe wrong?

TIA