Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:56:18 -0400
From:      Jules Gilbert <jules.stocks@gmail.com>
To:        Enrique Fynn <enriquefynn@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OSCAR port

Oh! and where were you about three years ago, when a group of us were
putting together our cluster, based around FreeBSD.

We discovered how much of FreeBSD didn't work.  For example we could
never get ClusterIt! to work.  An engineer delegated to work on this
problem, literally one of the best debugger-oriented programmer's I
have ever met, spent more than a week (about two?,) with this problem
but was never able to isolate it.

As you probably know debugging events across multiple machines isn't easy.

We still have our cluster and we'd like to get it running.  For
several years we did run FreeBSD but were never able to get the level
of performance that we would have obtained had we been running Linux
or even something simpler, such as OS/2.

Do you have a deliverable?