Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:03:48 -0000
From:      "Rob MacGregor" <freebsd.macgregor@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Adjusting time on a secured FreeBSD machine.

On Thursday, February 03, 2005 5:57 PM, Eli K. Breen <> unleashed the infinite
monkeys and produced:

> I'm not sure that this will cut it as it will days a very long time to
> adjust to the proper time. Is there any way to speed this up?

Not within NTPd itself.  You could go with manually stepping the time in 1s
intervals.  It's either that or drop the securelevel in rc.conf and reboot (then
reset the securelevel).

Of course, you probably want to make sure the hardware clock has a vaguely
accurate idea of time.  That'll help in future.

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!