Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:03:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making world with gcc-2.8.1

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:10:00 -0400, Matthew Hagerty <wpub1@net-link.net> wrote:
>I tried to compile a 2.2.6-R kernel with gcc-2.8.1, did not work.  I posted
>a question about it, but no one replied

I don't recall seeing your post, or I would have responded.  For
anyone who's interested, the following URL refers to I patch I made to
gcc to solve this problem the when I search for my patch to fix this
problem:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=38383+56919+/usr/local/www/db/text/1998/freebsd-ports/19980412.freebsd-ports
(Someone more familiar with the FreeBSD WWW site layout might be able to
give a shorter URL).

Note that you'll also need to ensure that you use the old cpp for
pre-processing the assembler sources.

Peter
--
Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)                    peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au