Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 19:20:53 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Fujie Zhang" <fzhang@cs.nmsu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq PCI sound card

"Fujie Zhang" writes:
> thx for replying. NetBSD has a driver for a similar card that supports the
> "original Ensoniq AudioPCI" card. the one i have is a slightly newer
> version - AudioPCI 97. hope when people work on the driver for these cards,
> they will mind the different versions of them.

Ensoniq is now owned by the SoundBlaster people? Then documentation may
be unobtainium. No documentation? Then it won't work outside of Windows.

With that in mind I went out of my way to purchase a card based on a
Crystal Semiconductor chipset as beautiful PDF manuals are available for
the effort of download. Well, there was/is something about it which
doesn't work. Saw a message where somebody determined certain CS
chipsets didn't get their DAC initialized in the right mode. Sounds like
the problem I had. But I haven't gotten interested enough to reinstall
my soundcard.