Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:22:18 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        jesse reynolds <jesse@va.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk 1.1 (and 1.2) install problems on 4.1.1-RELEASE

Hi Jesse,

This is weird. I'm not sure what your problem is, but I've never seen a failing
build of jdk1.1.8 from the ports before. I wonder why you don't have an MD5
checksum file. When was the last time you updated your ports tree? Perhaps
there is a version mismatch here. If the version of your port is different
from the port system version, then that might explain it.

Try updating your ports tree using cvsup. You should execute something like:

   # cvsup /etc/cvsupfile

If you don't have a cvsupfile, then check the examples (somewhere under
/usr/share/doc I think) or privmsg me, I can send you one.

Ernst