Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:10:52 +0100
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.stable@melvyn.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer-plugin/firefox/mozilla and pthread_testcancel (Was: Re: advice please)

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 15:29, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> My apologies.  Your previous email sounded like you had built
> ports on 5.x and then upgraded some of them on 6.x

Nps. I kept the old /usr/local around as /stable/usr/local to copy over
configs and apache's webroot, but I don't see how that could've interfered,
as I didn't add it to my PATH or anything fishy like that.

In fact, I did ldd -a /usr/local/bin/mplayer|grep pthread and it only showed
libpthread.so.2.

> You might want to check /etc/libmap.conf just to make sure
> you don't have anything mapped to libpthread.so.1.

all .2

> > it's an error in mplayer-plugin, unless you tell me it works for you,
> > then the only thing that makes sense is the use of nvidia-driver.
>
> That has been a problem in the past, but I thought they released
> a newer driver that works correctly with libpthread and libthr.

Latest of everything. Portstree last updated Dec 17.
Recompiled mplayer without WITH_NVIDIA didn't make a difference. It just
doesn't get outof the loop in PlayNode(), but I'm not farmiliar with the
conditions mentioned therein.
Just trying to figure out if this is a local problem, pthreads problem or that
the port is broken (with certain combinations).
--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.stable@melvyn.homeunix.org

FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE