Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:00:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Cc:        hykim@cs.rice.edu
Subject:   Re: Tigon 3 bad checksums on TCP packets

In article <Pine.GSO.4.33.0210120045320.12482-100000@frosty.cs.rice.edu>,
Hyong-Youb Kim  <hykim@cs.rice.edu> wrote:

> BTW, setting BGE_PCI_WRITE_BNDRY_16BYTES limits receive throughput to
> 540Mb/s. So it is not a solution.
> I really like to find out what this config does.

It works around a bug in the BCM570x chip, apparently.  I noticed
that the Linux driver only applies this workaround for 5700 and 5701
chips.  If you want better performance you may have to wait until
you can buy cards with the newer 5703 chips on them.  Or, switch to
a non-Athlon system.

John
--
  John Polstra