Date:      Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:29:49 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Andrew Belashov <bel@orel.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox and thunderbird is broken on sparc64

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 11:58:09AM +0300, Andrew Belashov wrote:
>=20
> >Submitter-Id:	current-users
> >Originator:	Andrew Belashov
> >Organization:	JSC CenterTelecomm
> >Confidential:	no
> >Synopsis:	firefox and thunderbird is broken on sparc64
> >Severity:	serious
> >Priority:	medium
> >Category:	sparc64
> >Class:		sw-bug
> >Release:	FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE sparc64
> >Environment:
> System: FreeBSD bel.localdomain 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #1: Fri N=
ov
> 18 09:18:09 MSK 2005 bel@bel.localdomain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SUNC3D spar=
c64
>=20
> Same result at FreeBSD 5.3, FreeBSD 5.4 and other versions.

It's worked for me in that timeframe.  Try to

* remove your ~/.firefox directory (old versions cause crashes)

* Check what threading library you are using (libthr used to be broken
on sparc64)

* Try 6.0.

* Remove all port dependencies and reinstall them from scratch.

Kris

P.S. Don't CC freebsd-gnats-submit and a mailing list, or replies to
your email may generate bogus PRs.

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--