Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2013 19:46:24 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setfacl man page states "d=delete_child" and "D=delete"

Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Harald Schmalzbauer w dniu 8 lut 2013, o =
godz. 16:08:
> Hello,
>=20
> I think there's a confusion in the man page setfacl(1).
>=20
> In my tests, "D" means "delete_child" and "d" "delete"; like it's true
> for other NFSv4 implementations. But manpage tells the other way =
around.

Fixed the man page, thanks!

[..]

> P.S.: Btw., can anybody explain me why (at some time, someone decided
> that) write permission to a directory does override file permissions
> inside the directory?

Not sure what you mean here.  If you're asking why having write =
permission
to the directory gives the ability to remove files inside that =
directory,
despite not having write permission to the files themselves - well, =
that's
how it always worked.  I guess the rationale is that when you remove a =
file,
you're modifying (writing) the directory, not the file contents.

--=20
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my =
body?