Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 1996 23:42:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD or Linux

>From a long time user of Linux (favorite distribution is
Debian), and a newbie to FreeBSD, I'd have to say at this
point that I prefer Linux.  That is without consideration
for ANY differences in the architecture or internals, and
purely from a user perspective.  The things I'm having
problems with under FreeBSD (minicom, ppp, console behavior,
memory utilization, fvwm95, etc, etc) all work flawlessly
under Debian Linux.  And no, I haven't looked at the mail
list that Doug pointed you to myself, and don't really care
to invest the time in it to be honest.  To be candid, the
likelihood is very good, that for me, any of the very real
technical differences are simply a "don't care" at this
point.  For what I do with it, and attempting to do much
the same with FreeBSD, I've been far more successful with
Linux, in spite of what the technocrats might say about the
differences.  Period.

Paul

E-Mail: wb2oyc@cyberenet.net
Date: 10/08/96