Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:42:08 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@portaone.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome 2.2 as a default gnome for 4.8

Hi,

I've just upgraded my 2-months old installation with new GNOME 2.2 and
I must admit that I really like it - you folks did a really impressive
job! Several problems with i18n observed in 2.0 are solved and the
desktop feels much better than old 1.4.x (speedier, more integrated,
more eye-candy etc). Therefore I really think that it would be a good
idea to have it as a default GNOME for 4.8. What do you think?

In the meantime it is probably worth to start thinking about gradual
decomissioning of old 1.4 bits and pieces, at least desktop
components, that aren't required for proper functioning of 1.4
"legacy" applications.

-Maxim