Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:48:51 +0300
From:      Patrick Okui <pokui@psg.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: system breach

On Friday 29 December 2006 21:50, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> That looks like CPAN to me.

pear is actually like CPAN - but for PHP.

I didn't have the said download directory on my FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE machine,
but going to /usr/ports/devel/pear and doing make all install clean sure does
create the directory and the files inside.

That directory is basically used when pear is downloading modules (hope that's
what they're called).

 [root@backup] ~ #> pear config-show | grep download_dir
PEAR Installer download        download_dir     /tmp/download
[root@backup] ~ #>

You can change the location of that directory at any time using pear
config-set (works on a per user basis writing to their $HOME/.pearrc) or by
editing the file /usr/local/etc/pear.conf.

Try "pear help" for more details.

--
patrick