Date:      Wed, 18 May 2005 01:17:53 -0500
From:      Jonathan Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        "Li-Lun Wang (Leland Wang)" <llwang@infor.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newest loader from CVS not working

--------------enigE8B3A1D1C71018736182C8FE

On 05/18/05 00:11, Li-Lun Wang (Leland Wang) wrote:
> I just upgraded my pentium-m laptop from 5.4-STABLE to the newest
> 6.0-CURRENT. However, the newest loader does not seem to work for
> me. BTX reboots right after it detects the internal keyboard/console
> and dumps the registers. I have tried to set CPUTYPE?=p-m, CPUTYPE=p3,
> and even not setting CPUTYPE at all, but none of them solves my
> problem. The old loader from 5.4 works perfectly. Any ideas?

If you are building/installing just the loader, do a full build/install
world without setting CPUTYPE.  From my experience it seems like it is
gcc that is being affected (when it is compiled with CPUTYPE set) and
producing incorrect code for the loader, so a build/install world is
necessary.  This may not help, but it narrows the problem.

--
Jonathan Noack | noackjr@alumni.rice.edu | OpenPGP: 0x991D8195