Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 16:41:03 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        "Jo B. Grasmo" <needle@xfactor.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM/3.0 hardware compability (AIC7895/BT-958)

"Jo B. Grasmo" <needle@xfactor.no> wrote:

> I'll be putting together a box, that I want to put FreeBSD on. However,
> I'm not quite sure if the hardware I want to get is supported. I've been
> recommended a Tyan motherboard with the AIC7895 SCSI controller and
> looking at the release notes for 3.0, that should be supported. I'm also
> looking into getting an Asus motherboard and getting the BT-958 SCSI
> controller. I can't see that BT-958 is supported, from the 3.0 release
> pages, but the readme for CAM says it supports it.

I don't know anything about BusLogic, on the other side I'm very
happy with my new Tyan Thunder 100 DLUAN motherboard. The onboard
SCSI is well supported and same for onboard ethernet. I can recommend
that particular board, though it's quite pricey. Anyway, I'm not so
rich that I can buy cheap things.. YMMV

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee